Friday 6 November 2015

EARTH GIRLS AREN'T EASY



I am clearly not the Rich White Ladies target audience, but, nevertheless, their music says something to me, mainly that I know nothing about contemporary mores or, indeed, about 21st century life in general. 

Actually, my reaction to them is complex. They make me feel foolish, because I live in their world and I know hardly anything about it, but they also make me feel optimistic about my short term chances: I mean, I definitely like this track, so I must sort of get it, even if I don't really get it. So perhaps there's hope for me. 

I may not be at the sharp end, but I'm not yet so blunt that I don't recognise that 'babies can't read / robots can't bleed' is a great pop line, and, when you think about it, virtually impossible to argue with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.