Saturday 10 June 2017

SALT AND CORROSION: THE INFAMOUS OLD ENEMIES OF THE CRIME FIGHTER






















When I was a little kid, my heroes were all action men: Flash Gordon, Tarzan, Batman. I used to like Batman so much that on a Saturday morning I'd pester my Mum to take me over to my Grandparents house which, despite only being a few miles away, was sufficiently more westerly to pick up London Weekend Television instead of Anglia. There, I could watch Batman in glorious black and white, unknowingly missing at least fifty percent of its pop art appeal. It didn't matter, I loved it.

Adam West has died at the suitably ripe old age of 88, and the world is a worse place. He may not have always had great roles, but he was a great actor - intelligent, funny, knowing, camp as a row of tents. It was his personality that shaped his Batman more than anything else, and much of the credit for its short-lived but phenomenal and indelible success belongs to him. RIP, Adam.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.